Two Night Break at The Bark House
We were looking for a "Dog Friendly" Bed & Breakfast which we found in "Bark House". The room was large and beautifully furnished and we certainly didn't get a poor quality room just because we had a dog as is sometimes the case. We had our own access to fields to exercise the dog which made us feel we were not disturbing others. We were welcomed with tea / coffee and homemade cake in the lounge and there was also a selection of hot drinks in the room. The breakfast was excellent on both days. Both of our hosts were friendly and when we asked for suggestions about places to visit were very helpful. Thoroughly recommended with or without a dog !
27 March 2014
We have had three Buyagift Bark House was the best wonderful welcome very cleen and cozy food great we will be back
28 October 2013
A lovely B&B. The owners are both very friendly, trusting and helpful.
The best parts were:
- the dinner which was seriously good,
- the cute look of the place
- the great walk they recommended
Less good aspects:
- They initially didn't want to accept a buy-a-gift voucher on a bank holiday weekend which wasn't mentioned when we selected this venue. Closer to the bank holiday weekend they changed their minds. I can understand why they would do this but it was frustrating not knowing at the time of selecting the Bark House.
- It is on quite a busy, fast road, so if you are a light sleeper this might bother you
- The room we were in was spacious but a little bit dated
02 September 2011