Farm Tour with Cookery Class for Two at Horizon Edible Insects 11894981
As seen on CBBC's Blue Peter, Horizon Edible Insects is London’s first edible insect farm. Edible insects are a sustainable food source as they produce negligible amounts of greenhouse gasses and require minimal quantities of water to farm. Not to mention, they are rich in protein, healthy fats, calcium, iron, zinc, omegas and amino acids! Head to Horizon Edible Insects for a tour of the farm, where you can learn all about rearing, farming and cooking edible critters. You will receive a fascinating presentation to learn all about the environmental benefits of switching to insects for sustenance, you’ll visit the insect farm to learn about their life cycle and finally, you can get hands-on with an educational cookery class. Learn how to cook up a storm making dishes such as hummus and olive crackers with crickets, chocolate mealworm cupcakes and more!
- Farm tour of the Urban Edible insect farm at Horizon Edible Insects
- Visit the shed and get a close look at how the insects are farmed
- Learn about the environmental benefits of switching to insects for sustenance
- Enjoy a cooking lesson and prepare sweet and savoury snacks with edible insects!
- Your voucher is valid for two people
- Available once a month, year round
- Bring an additional participant for a supplement of £28 per person, paid upon booking
- Unfortunately, this premise does not have disabled access
- Not suitable for people with seafood, crustacean and dust mite allergies
- Please note that the insects may have been fed a diet containing gluten and soy
- No alcohol to be consumed on the premises
- All dates are subject to availability