Introductory Fly Fishing on Rutland Water for One 11810892
This fun and fascinating experience is perfect for any fishing enthusiast! You’ll start in a fully-equipped lakeside fishing cabin, where an expert will teach you all about the fishing tackle, the flies used, which fish to use the flies for and how to fish for them. You will also be taught how to read the water and how to cast a fly. You’ll then be able to put what you’ve learned into practice, as you fly fish for trout from the banks of the stunning Rutland Water. Depending on how successful you are, you’ll be able to take up to two fish home with you, which will be prepared and packed – and even if you don’t manage to catch anything, you’ll still receive certificates to show your friends! You will also receive light refreshments throughout the experience.
- Enjoy a fun fly-fishing experience for one
- Learn from an expert fisherman who will teach you the essentials
- Take up to two fish home with you, if you're lucky enough to get a catch!
- Head home with a certificate
- Your voucher is valid for one person
- This experience is available on selected days from April to June and October to November
- Minimum age: 16 years
- This experience will last approximately four hours
- You will share your experience with up to eight other participants and spectators are welcome
- You are advised to dress according to the weather, i.e. waterproofs, jacket, hat, sunglasses and sun block in summer
- Fishing generally takes place from the bank adjacent to the fishing cabin, but be aware that due to the vast size of Rutland Water, in certain conditions it may be necessary to follow the guide a short distance by car to a more favourable fishing spot
- All dates are subject to availability