Introductory Polo Lessons 1013882
This polo lesson is a great morning's fun that anyone can do regardless of riding experience. The course takes you through all the basic elements of the game of polo to give you an all round picture and understanding of the sport. Spend time learning the rules and tactics, before being taught the polo swing and the four basic shots of the game. Then get onto your horse and learn to ride a polo pony! Finally you will put it all together in solo practice! This could be the start of a lifelong passion for this elegant, yet exhilarating sport.
- Demonstration by your instructor using a board with miniatures to teach you the tactics and rules
- Then you'll be taught the polo swing and the four basic shots of the game on an elevated platform with a shortened mallet
- Get onto your horse and put it all into practice with some stick and ball – riding your horse while hitting the ball with your mallet
- All polo equipment, including helmets and chaps, will be provided; but please bring your own (regardless of style) if you have them to ensure the best fit!
- Your voucher is valid for ten months for one person
- Polo lessons are run every Saturday morning throughout winter and every Saturday and Sunday morning throughout spring and summer
- The course runs from 9:00am until 11:00am
- Play is conducted in most weather conditions, as the arena has an excellent all weather surface but you should bring additional waterproofs
- Minimum age approx. 12 years. Children as young as 4 are welcome within the training centre - please speak to the polo office for more details
- Maximum weight 20 stone
- Suitable outdoor shoes with a small heel are recommended (no trainers) but, again, bring you own riding boots if you have them
- Instructors are all Hurlingham Polo Association accredited
- Further lessons and instructional chukkas (where you can enjoy playing competitive polo and improve upon what you have already learned) may be booked with supplier directly for an additional fee following your introductory lesson