Owl Encounter in Derbyshire with BB Falconry 1187409
Get up close and personal with these wise, graceful and beautiful birds on an unforgettable owl experience in Derbyshire. You’ll arrive at the centre in the gorgeous Derbyshire countryside and meet an expert guide, who will briefly you on safety precautions for the day, before taking you to meet the birds. The centre houses a variety of types of owl and you’ll learn about all of them and hear how these magnificent creatures live, what their eating habits are, their wingspans, flying speeds and other fascinating facts. The instructor will then show you how to hold and handle the birds and give you a glove with food, so that you can try flying an owl to your own hand! There is nothing quite like feeling the power of the extraordinary birds for yourself. This is a great gift for anyone fascinated by owls or birds of prey in general and will create a lifetime of memories!
- An owl handling lesson and flying experience for one
- Please note that children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult who will need to pay a £10 spectator fee
- All dates are subject to availability
- All equipment is be provided, but you are advised to bring a pair of wellington boots with you and wear suitable outdoor clothing for the season
- This experience lasts approximately two hours