Spirit of Oxford Cruise for Two 11816958
Covering one of the most enchanting stretches of the River Thames, this cruise through the Oxfordshire landscape makes for a charming and relaxing afternoon that will restore your appreciation of the gorgeous English countryside. Joining the boat at Folly Bridge at the very civilised hour of 12:30, you’ll follow a route that’s echoed throughout literary history, as you see the sights that thrilled Lewis Carroll and Alice Liddell over 150 years ago and inspired the much-loved “Alice in Wonderland”. You’ll pass Osney Island, and Osney Lock – one of the deepest of the Thames locks – as well as beautifully-maintained allotments and the incredible, unspoilt Port Meadow which is home to a veritable cornucopia of flora and fauna. You’ll reach Godstow, home of another legendary literary landmark; Trout Island, the inspiration for the Narnia series, by Oxford’s own C S Lewis. This delightful day makes a wonderfully romantic adventure for two to share.
- A boat cruise for two along the Oxford stretch of the Thames
- This experience runs from 1st April until 31st October
- There are no maximum height or weight restrictions
- If inclement weather on the day you have booked prevents the cruise from taking place, all measures will be taken to try and re-book you for another date of your choice
- All dates are subject to availability
- The cruise departs promptly at 12.30pm and lasts approximately 2.5 hours