Account Manager - BuyingReports to: Senior Category Manager Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 (60% working from home time offered).
Buyagift and Red Letter Days are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, staff and retail partners, we aim to do this by providing industry leading products. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017, and we are extremely proud to be part of the Moonpig Group since July 2022.
First a bit about the role:
You will be required to negotiate market leading products and offers from an existing client base and seek out new products and suppliers to enhance the range. Working to challenging monthly sales and margin targets, this is a role with a great degree of commercial autonomy offering you a chance to really ‘own’ your category and make a direct impact to the bottom line.
The Lifestyle category is one of Buyagift’s largest and most successful product areas. With partners ranging from Gordon Ramsay Restaurants, Bannatyne Spa’s to Murder Mystery Breaks for two, this is a diverse category delivering over 50,000 amazing experiences to customers across the UK in 2013.
A bit more about the role:
- Deliver the challenging monthly sales and margin targets
- Monitor competitor activity to ensure that our offering continues to be market leading
- Analyse sales and conversion rate data and work with the Marketing Team to maximise the effectiveness of the online storefront
- Day to day supplier relationship management for your categories to secure exclusive offers and excellent margins
- Work with the Marketing team to negotiate successful flash sales and promotions into the seasonal plan
- Through our Supplier Operations team ensure that new products are set up correctly and within the agreed timelines
- Work within the Buying Team as a passionate product advocate, alert to new opportunities and brimming with entrepreneurial talent and new ideas
- Secure new business with high profile brands to further improve our experience offerings
And now about you:
- A minimum of three years contracting/account management experience
- An industry professional with a strong network
- A committed high performer with a proven track record of success
- Highly commercial, a strong negotiator and an exceptional communicator
- Comfortable with securing new business as well as maintaining and developing existing accounts
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of category/supplier management as well as experience of delivering against financial targets
- An ability to use historic sales analysis to make informed choices regarding future product development
- Graduate calibre and ideally educated to degree level
- A good understanding of e-commerce and the fundamentals of conversion rates/affiliate/PPC and SEO marketing is a strong preference
- Strong personality with a passion for confident negotiations
- Team player loves a challenge and can work under pressure
- Driving licence – essential
- Good to have experience in the Gift Experience/Deals industry, but not essential
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People. We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday, increasing by one each year
- After 5 years with us you will be eligible for 1 month fully paid sabbatical
- Flexible work environment
- Access to Perkbox shopping discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- Discounted gym memberships and lots of opportunities to try out our products
We are a super friendly bunch with very big plans both for ourselves, our team and the business.
To apply for this role, please send in your application & CV to email@example.com along with the following information:
- Your salary expectations
- Your notice period to take on a new role
For everyone in the UK to create unique memories that last a lifetime
To be the most trusted platform in the UK gift experience market
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Experience More Ltd to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.