Senior Trading AnalystReports to: Head of Data Insights Location: Farringdon EC1R (60% working from home time offered)
Buyagift and Red Letter Days are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, team and retail partners, we aim to do this by providing industry leading products. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017, and we are extremely proud to be part of the Moonpig Group since July 2022.
First a bit about the role:
We’re excited to be looking for a senior analyst to lead our trading analytics activities. You will be in your element analysing trade performance, developing stories from your data, and working with commercial teams to identify opportunities to drive performance. This is an exciting new role, and we think that it is a fantastic opportunity for someone keen to take responsibility and have real impact across the organisation.
A bit more about the role:
- Owning the trading analytics capability for Buyagift and Red Letter Days
- Developing a data-driven story explaining the drivers of weekly, monthly and quarterly trading performance
- Creating and maintaining analytical frameworks for the key metrics and KPIs driving trading performance, including conversion rate, average order value and discount
- Conducting detailed analysis of customer behaviour, sales trends, category performance, and market dynamics to identify opportunities for growth and optimisation
- Analysing performance at all stages across the voucher lifecycle, including purchase, activation, booking, exchange, extension and redemption
- Working with trade, marketing, buying and finance teams to develop financial models and forecasts to support business planning and decision-making
- Using your analysis to make recommendations, provide strategic guidance and drive change
- Be the key point of contact within the Data Insight team for your stakeholders
- Collaborating with your peers from across the data insights team to deliver the roadmap
- Driving data literacy across the organisation and advocating a data-driven approach
- Working with the Head of Data Insights and Technology colleagues to ensure the data platform meets the needs of your team, and wider organisation
And now about you:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, mathematics, engineering, statistics, physics, or related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in ecommerce, retail, or similar industry, with a focus on analytics and trading
- Excellent technical capability with Excel, SQL and Power BI, or other equivalent visualisation tool
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing, working with, and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with an ability to translate technical concepts for the non-technical audience
- A keen eye for detail with a strong ability to QA your work based on an understanding of the business
- Passion for ecommerce and consumer behaviour, with an aptitude for identifying opportunities for growth and optimisation
- Experience with Adobe Analytics (preferred) or Google Analytics
The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and above all, results driven. We are looking for candidates who want responsibility and have the desire to achieve. You will also need to be a strong team player and excellent at prioritisation.
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People. We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday, increasing by one each year
- After 5 years with us you will be eligible for 1 month fully paid sabbatical
- Flexible work environment
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- With lots of opportunities to try out our products
We are a super friendly bunch with very big plans both for ourselves, the team and the business.
To apply for this role, please send in your application & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
- Your salary expectations
- Your notice period to take on a new role
For everyone in the UK to create unique memories that last a lifetime
To be the most trusted platform in the UK gift experience market
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Experience More Ltd to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.