SQL / ETL DeveloperReports to: Reporting and Database Administrator Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 (60% working from home time offered).
Buyagift and Red Letter Days are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, staff and retail partners, we aim to do this by providing industry leading products. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017, and we are extremely proud to be part of the Moonpig Group since July 2022.
First a bit about the role:
We are looking for an experienced SQL developer, keen to build great consumer ecommerce products within an enthusiastic and collaborative team. You will have experience in MS SQL, T-SQL and SSIS. You will report into the Reporting and Database Administrator and you will form part of a dedicated tech team. This role will have the opportunity to feed into development processes and continuous improvements to ways of working.
A bit more about the role:
- Proven ability to successfully manage queries and issues coming in via a ticketing system
- Provides development and analytical support for SQL Server databases and SSIS packages
- Ability to analyse design, code, test and deploy simple to intermediate level Microsoft SQL Server solutions using T-SQL and SSIS
- An innovative mind and an ability to identify issue trends and implement solutions to prevent repetitive tickets raised
- Assist with the day-to-day tasks within the IT department
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
And now about you:
- 2-3 years experience of working in Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Indexes)
- Experience in designing and maintaining ETL processes
- Experience in using source control (SVN\TFS\GIT)
- Good knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio, Query Analyzer and SQL Profiler
- Good to have experience in Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks and Phyton
- Proficient in MS Excel
The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and above all, results driven. We are looking for candidates who want responsibility and have the desire to achieve. You will also need to be a strong team player and excellent at prioritisation.
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People. We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday, increasing by one each year
- After 5 years with us you will be eligible for 1 month fully paid sabbatical
- Flexible work environment
- Access to Perkbox shopping discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- Discounted gym memberships and lots of opportunities to try out our products
We are a super friendly bunch with very big plans both for ourselves, our team and the business.
To apply for this role, please send in your application & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
- Your salary expectations
- Your notice period to take on a new role
For everyone in the UK to create unique memories that last a lifetime
To be the most trusted platform in the UK gift experience market
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Experience More Ltd to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.