Trading AssistantReports to: Category Trading Manager Location: Farringdon EC1R (60% working from home time offered)
Buyagift and Red Letter Days are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, team and retail partners, we aim to do this by providing industry leading products. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017, and we are extremely proud to be part of the Moonpig Group since July 2022.
About the role:
As Web Trading Assistant you will be responsible for the optimisation of the Buyagift & Red Letter Day’s websites, with a day to day focus of increasing category level sales targets, device level conversion, page performance and supporting the business to hit overall sales and conversion targets.
You will sit within the eCommerce team and will be predominantly working alongside the Design, SEO & Production & Buying teams.
About the Marketing Department
The Marketing Department is a team of digital marketing managers, traffic drivers, trade planners, conversion optimisation specialists and customer stakeholders. Together they are accountable for ensuring the delivery of B2C sales and conversion targets with budgeted spend constraints. The team co-ordinates across many different areas of the business, including Buying/Commercial, Customer Services, Offline and IT.
A bit more about the role:
- Work alongside the Web Trading Manager and Category Trading Managers to regularly and efficiently maintain the Buyagift and Red Letter Days websites, including:
- Day to day website content implementation, to support weekly wider company marketing priorities, including all seasonal & peak trading campaigns
- Optimisation of key landing pages as dictated by trading performance across devices
- Ensure all content is accurate, up-to-date, brand-appropriate & optimized for SEO
- Working alongside the Category Trading Managers to improve onsite search and navigation as well as onsite product merchandising
- Supporting the trading team to hit business master category sales and margin targets
- Produce reports to monitor web KPIs, taking actions to optimise low performing areas
- Work alongside Design, Content & SEO teams to optimise key landing pages, such as Recipient and Occasion pages
- Using web optimisation tools to provide insight in order to identify customer journey & channel trends, help optimise and convert traffic coming to the site
- Support wider eCommerce team to deliver new functionality and trading strategies
And now about you:
This role will best suit an individual who is well organised, pragmatic, and a lateral thinker, with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to work both individually and as part of a team
- Experience working in a similar “web trading / web management / web merchandising role” – minimum 1 year (intern or exec experience is great!)
- Experience of working as part of a team as well as with other business functions
- High attention to detail with an ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner with ability to think pro-actively and build solid working relationships with peers
- Natural planner, looking ahead, anticipating and escalating issues before they arise, providing solutions, and meeting deadlines
- Proven time management and organisation skills
- A keen analytical mind, with a willingness to challenge yourself and solve problems
- Basic web analytics knowledge preferable, but someone who is naturally strong and analytical would fit the role well
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People. We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday, increasing by one each year
- After 5 years with us you will be eligible for 1 month fully paid sabbatical
- Flexible work environment
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- With lots of opportunities to try out our products
We are a super friendly bunch with very big plans both for ourselves, the team and the business.
To apply for this role, please send in your application & CV to email@example.com along with the following information:
- Your salary expectations
- Your notice period to take on a new role
For everyone in the UK to create unique memories that last a lifetime
To be the most trusted platform in the UK gift experience market
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Experience More Ltd to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.