UI Designer – 3 Months FTCReports to: UX/UI Design Manager Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 (60% working from home time offered).
Buyagift and Red Letter Days are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, staff and retail partners, we aim to do this by providing industry leading products. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017, and we are extremely proud to be part of the Moonpig Group since July 2022.
First a bit about the role:
We’re looking for a talented UI Designer to create, maintain, and evolve a truly great design system. You’ll be joining our product team, with your primary focus being on formalising and evolving our design system. You will be working closely with our Product design team to get an understanding of the current issues and inconsistencies that we’re facing.
A bit more about the role:
You will be responsible for developing our design system in Figma - this means crafting a beautiful, functional and easy to use system that streamlines the look and feel of the product.
- You will collaborate with a dedicated frontend developer in charge of implementing the design system into the code base
- You will ensure our brand adherence and visual identity across the platform
- You will promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
And now about you:
- You have experience creating highly usable, intuitive, and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- You have a proven track record of creating and evolving a design system.
- You can clearly communicate the reasoning behind your design choices.
- You’re good at receiving and providing feedback, always able to take a step back to try and see an issue from a different perspective.
- You’re well-organised by nature
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People. We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday, increasing by one each year
- After 5 years with us you will be eligible for 1 month fully paid sabbatical
- Flexible work environment
- Access to Perkbox shopping discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- Discounted gym memberships and lots of opportunities to try out our products
We are a super friendly bunch with very big plans both for ourselves, our team and the business.
To apply for this role, please send in your application & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
- Your salary expectations
- Your notice period to take on a new role
For everyone in the UK to create unique memories that last a lifetime
To be the most trusted platform in the UK gift experience market
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Experience More Ltd to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.