Fly In A Spitfire Over The English Channel 10492055
This is a truly once-in-a-lifetime chance to experience the thrill of a breathtaking passenger flight in a Spitfire TR9. This extraordinary aircraft, originally used by the RAF to train Second World War pilots, is one of just eight Spitfire TR9s left operational in the whole world! Does an experience get any more special than that? Hear the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine roar into life as you prepare to take to the skies for a 20-minute round trip over the coast of the English Channel. Witness the vintage warbird’s famous elliptical wing passing fields below and if you fancy it, you’ll even get the chance to experience some aerobatics! Enjoy the power, manoeuvrability and grace of this iconic warbird which is now over 70 years old. Get ready to relive history!
- Experience the thrill of a passenger flight in a Supermarine Spitfire
- Fly over the English Channel coast, the site of many Battle of Britain dogfights
- Your voucher is valid for one person
- Flights are available on Tuesdays–Friday, April–November
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Minimum height: 4' 7''
- Maximum height: 6' 5''
- Maximum weight: 110kg
- Flying is a weather dependent activity – if the flight is cancelled because of weather, an alternative date will be rebooked
- Flight lengths can be upgraded to 45 or 55 minutes
- A 4k 360° video is available for £200
- All dates are subject to availability