Full Monty Tank Day
5 out of 5 (based on 22 reviews)
Brackley - Northamptonshire
For 1 person
Valid for 12 months
Best Price Guarantee
This Full Monty experience is the ultimate all out action day for those with a love of military history. Not just a tank driving experience, you will get to learn all about a multitude of weapons and woodland survival skills. You’ll drive four historic military vehicles over the 100 acre, specially designed course, including the Amphibious Gvozdika, of which this is the only one in the UK, a German demolition WWII Springer and an American Lance Nuclear Missile Launcher. What’s more, the person deemed to be the best driver will also get the chance to try and balance a Chieftain Battle Tank on top of a family saloon car! You’ll also get an hour in the armoury learning about weapons from the 17th century to the modern day AK47’s as well as trying your hand at clay pigeon shooting, firing a Flintlock Musket and learning woodland survival skills.
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Driving sessions in at least four military vehicles
- An hour in the Armoury learning about handheld weapons
- A clay pigeon shooting experience
- A hands-on tutorial on how to fire a Flintlock Musket
- A woodland survival course
- A hot lunch
- All protective clothing needed for the duration of the day
- Tuition by ex-British Army snipers and mercenaries
What do I need to know?
- All our vouchers are fully flexible and can be redeemed against our huge range of experiences
- The venue runs this even on the last Saturday of the month from March until October
- The full day lasts from 9am to 6.30pm
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate. There is no maximum age for this event
- Participants need to be over 5'0"/1.52m
- There are no maximum weight or height restrictions
- You must make any changes to your booking at least 14 days prior to the day of your event. No changes will be allowed after this time
- Spectators are welcome, but will be subject to a £30 fee, paid directly to the supplier, and will be provided with lunch, refreshments and will be invited on a number of rides throughout the day
- Spectators will need to be of at least 7 years of age
- Please bring clothing that you do not mind getting wet and dirty, as well as appropriate footwear
- All dates are subject to availability
This experience is available at
Already got this voucher?
5 out of 5 (based on 22 reviews)
The full monty tank driving day
30 August 2021
What a fantastic day.All staff made us feel welcome,my partner as a spectator got a chance to join in on some of the events very well organised knowledgable staff good food would highly recommend.
Excellent tank experience
29 September 2019
Excellent for participants and spectators
Very friendly staff and felt really welcoming
Brilliant FULL DAY out
28 July 2019
I just had an amazing day at Tanks-A lot!
11 hours in total, I got to drive 3 tanks, Then had great fun in a Springer buggy, we then did Clay shooting, we then did flint-lock musket shooting, Mortar loading and firing, we then had a mint talk about weapons and IEDs, then survival skills and then we crushed a Peugeot 307
Mint day out, I highly recommend it
30 September 2018
With out a doubt one of the best days out and experiences I’ve had. The service was excellent, it was an all day package so the food provided was tasty and plenty of it. The instructors were very knowledgeable and patient and gave good concise instruction. I honestly can not find a single thing that I would say was even minutely negative.
Best Day With Your Clothes On!
29 July 2018
Incredible well organised by not just good people, but INCREDIBLE people. They made the day just as much as the tanks and driving. My wife, children and father in law were all given rides/drives in some (not all) equipment, and were made to feel just as much part of the day as I was.
Food/catering was brilliant with a choice of hot or cold food, no floppy sandwiches here!
Highly recommended and will be back!!
07 October 2017
Whole day packed with activities which include driving 3 different tanks, clay pigeon shooting, firing muskets and much more. Lovely hot lunch provided. All staff very friendly, helpful and patient. Would do this again without question.
Great Experience & Highly Recommend this Full Monty Tank Day to all.
13 August 2017
A great Birthday treat from my wife who came with me as a spectator and was able to join me of many of their activities including firing a flintlock musket to lighting a fire and making a tent in their survival skills tests in the woods to watching myself and my team while clay pigeon shooting and also joining me while I drove several of their tanks including the 'Stormer' which were all awesome to drive and I would like to thank Nick and all the staff for being just so friendly and helpful and also for the great lunch which they provided with so many options to choose from which were all delicious and although our team didn't win we all our a great day and I would personally highly recommend this experience to everyone to try whether young or old.
29 September 2015
Tanks Alot provide an excellent days fun. It lasts from 9 in the morning until 6 in the evening. You get to drive two wheeled and 2 tracked military vehicles, shoot a musket ,an old-fashioned mortar, clay pigeons and have practical talks on small arms and survival skills. Its well supervised, safe and only marginally competitive! Watching the tank crush a family saloon is the pinnacle of the day. I might even do it again myself.
27 September 2015
Tanks a lot full monty driving day experience is brilliant. It was great to see all ages there men and women. Staff really professional but approachable and so friendly. Lunch was like home made good pub food. An excellent day out well worth the money.
An experience not to miss
01 July 2015
We had a fantastic day at tanks a lot, doing the full monty tank day. The staff there were fab they could not do enough for you, the lunch was geeat, a good selection of food. An experience I would recommend. Well worth the money, 5 star.......